Forward lookup zone not updating

The Windows Firewall is off currently for testing purposes but I'll make sure the necessary ports are open before I enable it. That could help a bit as well.- My understanding of e DNS is that if both servers support it they can negotiate a larger packet size for DNS but I don't know if it provides for anything else that could affect this situation.- Yes, I'm running the DNS console as an admin- Nothing wrong with basic questions, that's where errors are about 95% of the time.Locating those simple errors becomes the crux of problem.That change was replicated to the other copper.local domain controller. I'd be looking at the VPN configuration between sites now and verifying personally that the crypto maps and firewall rules actually do allow all traffic. And of course, the obvious launching of the DNS management console as Run As Administrator. I would also be using something like wireshark to see wtf is being passed to and fro. Posts in this and the Server Room forum have saved my bacon many a time. I'd be looking at the VPN configuration between sites now and verifying personally that the crypto maps and firewall rules actually do allow all traffic.

forward lookup zone not updating-12forward lookup zone not updating-69

Also, I need to see why a secondary NIC IP that I deleted from the copper.local forward lookup zone and set the interface to not register in DNS still shows up in the secondary copper.local zone on the Boalsburg server after a successful zone transfer. I'm sure whatever it is, I'll get bit by it some day.I'll have to poke around a little in the ASA logs and configs to look for anything that seems out of place. "Also, I need to see why a secondary NIC IP that I deleted from the copper.local forward lookup zone and set the interface to not register in DNS still shows up in the secondary copper.local zone on the Boalsburg server after a successful zone transfer.If anyone would like I could post the sanitized configs on both ASA's. That change was replicated to the other copper.local domain controller."This turned out to be the source of the issue.Even though it won't/shouldn't help I'm going to reboot both servers just for the hell of it. FWIW, I've got no issues on my setup with Win2003 R2 (32bit) and Win 2008R2 mixed, but I disabled the e DNS as soon as the Win2008R2 boxes were setup.That and they're not connecting over a VPN and a million other possible variables that differ.

Leave a Reply